Monday, April 09, 2007

10 Things I Learned Three Years Ago Today...

  1. Good Friday can be good... or not so much.
  2. When your 2-yr-old daughter sees you on a ladder and sternly reprimands, "No, Mommy! Get down!" you might be wise to listen.
  3. When you get to the place on the ladder that says, "Warning! Not a step," do not go any further.
  4. It is possible to fall seven feet without losing your grip on a solo cup full of paint.
  5. When in shock, you can make completely irrational demands, and people will agree to them through vicarious shock, which explains why my sweet husband did, indeed, roll in the paint I splattered all over the wall on my way down.
  6. Pain and shock can make your teeth chatter worse than those poor people at yesterday's sunrise services.
  7. ER triage nurses who say, "If you want my opinion, I think it's broke," don't seem especially helpful in a moment of crisis.
  8. It is completely possible to shatter a bone into hundreds of tiny, indistinguishable pieces, and you should just take my word for it.
  9. Morphine, while potentially dangerous stuff, can be a very, very good friend.
  10. One should be careful of what one says and/or shows while under the influence of morphine, or at least surround oneself with friends who won't bring it up later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All good points. I can't believe it has already been 3 years. I often think of painting on Good Friday as well because it was the last time my husband painted in our house... You've come a long way, baby!