Monday, July 09, 2007

This, I definitely want to see! Apparently, if Speaker Pelosi doesn't introduce articles of impeachment against the President sometime in the next two weeks, Cindy Sheehan is threatening to move to San Francisco and run against her.

This is a win/win as far as I see. If she does run, there are plenty of kooks in San Francisco that would back her up. They're not real thrilled with the job their senator has done since taking over. So either she runs and beats her, or she splits the Democrat vote enough that a Republican candidate has the chance to sneak in and carry the seat. Wouldn't that be hysterical?

Most likely, a Sheehan run against her would cause Senator Pelosi to lean more to the left, in order to coddle her farthest leaning consitutents. I believe that Democrats won the election last year because they pretended to be conservative. If you remember, Pelosi, Reid and Kennedy were AWOL those last few weeks. They were seriously in hiding. The people out in front were those promising to run on conservative values. They out-conservated their Republican opponents.

But once they took over, Pelosi was out in full force. They've tried to be who they are, but every time they go too far left they get slapped back. It will be very interesting to see how this impeachment thing goes forward. There are very loud calls for it coming from within the liberal ranks of the Democratic party. There are apparently at least 20 Senators who are willing to go for it. I do not believe that they would get anywhere near 60, but the House could be a different story.

What's disgusting about the whole thing is that there are serious issues out there that need the full attention of the President and our government. If they are all tied up in an impeachment battle, who knows how vulnerable we'll become to attack. Hello, President Clinton. I can't help but wonder now how much ground our enemies gained in the late '90s when we were busy tearing ourselves apart. But I digress.

Cindy, baby, I say go for it! Yes, you are a few fries short of a happy meal, but even that might be an improvement over our current leadership. As Jenny might say, run, Cindy, run! :)

No comments: