Here comes Santa Claus...

Yesterday we drove to Alabama for Christmas at Jeff's grandparents with his mom's two sisters and their families. Everyone was there this year, and we had a great time with family, some of whom we haven't seen since last Christmas. This year we did it on Sunday afternoon instead of at night, and I think everyone agreed it was a great change. This way we were done by early evening, and Jeff and I weren't driving home in the wee hours of the morning.

There are two grandparents, three daughters, three son-in-laws, six grandchildren, six grandchildren-in-law (of which I'm the ONLY granddaughter-in-law :)), and ten great-grandchildren. Lots of food; lots of chaos. But part of the reason we liked doing it in the afternoon was that the kids were able to go outside and run some of their energy out. That was great!

Poppa G helped Bryant open his presents. The flashlight was a hit, but I think the Elmo xylophone song book won the favorite present award!

This year we also decided to take pictures of the family by thirds, so we didn't have the enormous task of getting everybody lined up all together and trying to have everybody look good all at the same time. I think it worked very well.
Bailey was looking at the picture we took last Thanksgiving where everyone was in it all together. She so eloquently looked up and asked Jeff's aunt, "Do we know all these people?!"
Hope you all have as much as fun as we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment