These are the folks I'm heading to Haiti with in eleven days. It's a great team, and I'm really excited about having the chance to serve alongside them.I will admit that I am more anxious about this trip than my previous ones, probably for obvious reasons. I specifically want to ask for prayer for these things:
Our health. There is some nasty stuff going around down there, not to mention the normal threat of malaria and intestinal issues from the conditions we're shocking our bodies with.
Our travel. We are flying out at 6 a.m. on the 25th. That means I have to be at the airport at 4, which means we have to leave here about 3:15. I know that I won't sleep that night, so I anticipate that it's going to be a really long day. We'll be flying to Miami and then the Dominican, where we'll spend the night. Then we're going to board a bus at 4 a.m. and drive for six hours to Port-au-Prince. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it sounds, but I'm envisioning the bus rides through Third World countries I've seen in movies and on TV, so I'm thinking there won't be much sleeping going on there either.
Our attitudes. Lack of sleep usually doesn't improve anyone's personality. So please pray that when we arrive at that orphanage we will have a supernatural infusion of energy and be ready to love on those kids as soon as our feet hit the dirt.
Other than that, please just pray for our general spiritual and physical protection. I'm sure I'll have more requests as time goes on, but this is a great place for you to start. Jen Gash left for the Dominican today, and she's heading to Port-au-Prince tomorrow. Please say a prayer for her safety as well.
Thank you, friends!
1 comment:
Praying for your peaceful anticipation of this journey, friend. xoxo
Post a Comment