Bailey got sick again during the night last night, so I really didn't want to take her anywhere. Plus, with all the sickness going on out there, I kind of didn't want to expose Bryant to a bunch of other 2-yr-olds either. After all, one of them might throw up or something.
On days when we are all here together, we wait to do a lot of stuff until Bryant goes down for a nap. But after Bradley finished his math, he went to practice piano. I've learned that he has a really great ear, and he's started picking songs out on the piano from memory. His newest one is "The First Noel."
Today, Bailey started singing it with him in the form of "la, la, las" while he played. Where this ended up completely blew my mind.
First, Brad came up with a tag ending where he would hold out the last note of "Noel" and Bailey would keep singing. It actually sounded really good. He was working hard at different endings to see what would sound the best.
Somewhere along the way they decided they needed a microphone. So with the help of some black construction paper, tape and string, they ended up with this...
After they had a mic, of course they needed an amp to make sure everyone could hear. One Amazon box and black marker later, and Voila, you have a pretty cool sound system! They even put a hook on the side to hold the mic on when not in use.
But what totally blew my mind was when Bradley said he needed a mic for the piano. As he said, we need the ones that hang from the ceiling so the instruments can be heard. This one came in orange...
I just stood back in amazement at how much they have picked up from being in church, being in choir and having to sit through early morning worship team rehearsals. I couldn't be more proud of them right now. I feel like it's just a glimpse of one of the ways God may use them in the future.
Oh, and the cage? That's to keep Bryant out. He was determined to get a piece of this action before it was all over!
1 comment:
When I play at church, they put me in a cage too. Cool.
Post a Comment