Friday, August 01, 2008

I have been taking some pics this summer, it's just rare that I find the time to post them. But here is Bailey with her latest pet, Emily the Inchworm. She adored her. Sadly, inchworms apparently don't survive long in captivity.
It cracked me up how Emily would stand straight up on Bailey's finger. Inchworms are so funny to watch. The puppets that portray them on Sesame Street really do them justice.
f
I love that my daughter has a passion for bugs. It's just watching her with them is sometimes like the abominable snow rabbit on Bugs Bunny. "I'll hug him and love him and name him George. And when he is bad I will punish him..."
A couple of days ago, my brother-in-law gave Bryant a little bitty skateboard so that he could join in with Brad and Cooper. Since they don't make pads this small, that I'm aware of anyway, here he is all decked out in Bailey's princess pads and helmet, ready to grind the rails or whatever they do. (I can promise you that I only know that phrase from my son, and I'm still wondering where he picked it up and whether it is appropriate for me to say.)
He does look awfully stinkin' adorable, doesn't he? He just can't help himself, bless his heart.
f
Today, I finally remembered to carry my camera to the pool. Here Bryant is engaged in a rousing game of "Ring Around the Rosies." Bet you can guess his favorite part...
He is such a water bug. I can't wait to see him at the beach in a few weeks!As fun as these pics are, my boy is looking entirely too old to me.
This is where Bailey spends the majority of her time, underwater. Most of the time when I'm looking for her I have to not panic and just wait a few minutes until I see her head pop up above the surface. She came by it honestly, at least, because Jeff is the exact same way. He stays down there forever.
f
Here's hoping your day brings this much fun! Happy August. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bryant in the skateboard gear is the funniest thing I've ever seen. That is so COOL!!! I'll have to include him on our next trip! Tricked out like that he's ready for the ramps.

Speaking of, how's this Thursday a.m. look to meet Cooper and I at Opry Mills skate park? Maybe Brad could spend the night again...they had such a great time.