Wednesday, December 17, 2008


I meant to put these up here last week. They are Brad and Bailey's drawings of one of their favorite moments in New York. Of course, Bradley chose to draw about picking the Statue of Liberty's nose. After all, he is a 9 1/2 year old boy. Bailey drew a scene from M&M World. I was quite impressed with the detail here.

But I have to post Bradley's essay. I gave him very little help with this, other than a few structural things. The last paragraph is my favorite. Enjoy!

New York City

Last week, me and my family went to New York City. We went there to see my mom's friend get baptized. Our hotel was seven blocks away from Times Square. We had the greatest time. My three favorite things were going ice skating, seeing the Statue of Liberty and going to M&M World.

The only thing that I didn't like about ice skating was the Mom couldn't do it because she broke her foot. I loved everything else about it. I was really good at it because I knew how to ride heelies. I still fell down sometimes, though. I loved ice skating at Central Park.

I really loved taking a ferry right up under the Statue of Liberty. There was a museum in the base that was really cool. We climbed 156 steps to the top. We ate at a restaurant nearby. It was so crowded, we had to eat outside with the birds.

M&M World was my favorite. They had three floors. Each floor's walls were lined with M&M's of every flavor. It was incredible. We loved it so much we went there twice.

There are many things to do in New York City. These were just some of my favorites. We got a lot of souveneirs there. I brought back the ultimate one. MEMORIES.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job by both. He will definitely remember that trip the rest of his life.

joanna said...

I love the essay. You have a very smart son!