
I'm not sure why it never occurred to me that Princeton Alliance Church in Princeton, New Jersey, would be located in the same town as Princeton University, also in Princeton, New Jersey, but today I discovered that fun piece of information. Dana picked us up early enough to head on out there and have breakfast together. We had enough time to ride around and look at the campus. It is beautiful. For the most part it's exactly what I would have expected it to look like. So much history in this place. I think I got smarter just driving across campus.


Dana's baptism happened at the noon service, and it was absolutely perfect. I didn't find out until I got there that I was going to pray for her after she was baptized, but I was thrilled and honored to have the chance to do so. The service was really nice, and the baptism was at the end. Dana had videotaped her story, and it was incredibly moving. She had a lot of family and friends who came to support her, which was a really wonderful thing. I was so proud of her!

Afterwards we had lunch with Dana's sister's family, her brother and a good friend. It was a bit chaotic with 5 kids, but for the most part they did really well. I haven't been to P.F. Chang's since I got sick there during my last pregnancy, so it was good to learn that I can eat it again.
Dana's nieces are the same ages as Brad and Bailey, and her nephew is six. They hit it off really well. Bailey and Brielle are both animal and bug enthusiasts, so they had some common ground right off the bat.

Afterwards we headed back to Dana's condo. My kids were thrilled with Rudy and Clarice, and even learned how you walk dogs in a high-rise condo!



This is on the 6th floor of the building, and it's carpet that magically washes itself twice a day. How crazy is that? You still have to scoop, though. I guess technology can only go so far for now.

Before heading back to the city, Dana drove us through a Christmas light show that the kids loved. Bryant would have loved it so much. I'm starting to miss him a bit, I think. But not too much. We still have one very full day to fill tomorrow, starting at 5:00 when we have to get up and get ready to go to GMA. Hopefully we'll see you all across the airwaves in the morning!
1 comment:
Glad ALL went well today! We were praying for you all and Dana, and your witness to her friends and family!
Kristen and I agree that next time you need to take us! :)
Post a Comment