I can't wait to get back. I feel as if I left a piece of myself there last year and it has been beckoning me home ever since. I can't wait to see faces like these and let those precious fingers take hold of mine. I can't wait to be reunited with friends that I only spent a few days with, but who left permanent marks on my heart.
This time is going to be different. This time Jeff will be with me. I am MOST excited about that. I want him to see what I saw, feel what I felt. I need him to know why I was so messed up when I got home. I just need him to go. And I am excited that a world he's only heard about will suddenly be brought into living color. Names will have faces; stories will have audio. Those who love him because of me will now love him because of him. I can't wait.
We will be conducting eye clinics this time around. Imagine having the opportunity to be Christ's hands and feet when He said He came to bring sight to the blind. We have a chance to change people's lives and then tell them Who sent us. It is going to be amazing. I get chills every time I think about it.
There's much to be done between now and then. But each day brings me closer to something I've been looking forward to all year. No, India isn't necessarily the safest place in the world to be heading. But in reality, anything can happen any time, anywhere. And the calling on my life to go is so strong it can't be ignored. I've never felt the power of prayer as strongly as I experienced last year, and I don't anticipate that being any different. But I depend on you guys to cover me. So if you read this, please say a prayer and keep them coming. Pray the way will be paved smooth. Pray for safe travel for us and our children. Pray for my sister-in-law, Gena, who'll be taking care of the older two. Pray for my in-laws, Gene and Gale, who will be trying to keep up with the Bry man all week.
Most importantly, pray for the hearts of those sweet Indian people who will be visiting our clinics, that they will be open to the One who has brought us.
3 comments:
I just said a prayer for you, your trip and the people you come in contact with. I will continue to pray. sending my love, JA
You are one of the bravest, most inspiring people I know. I look so forward to the day I can experience my first mission trip... I know one day I'll get to feel those emotions and understand the power behind them. Until then, I can only live it through your eyes and words. I love you friend!!
Of course we will pray for safety, health and peace. Looking forward to field updates when you are there! :-)
Post a Comment