After dinner tonight we swung by Wal-Mart to buy some things for our family campout tomorrow night. Yes, we are completely nuts for going when it's done nothing but rain for the last 48 hours, but parents will do many things for the love of their child. Since we got rained out on Bradley's actual birthday, we're going to try not to have to postpone it again. On the bright side, I don't imagine the campground will be too crowded.
Anyway, as Brad and Bailey and I were walking around waiting on Jeff to finish checking out, a cheerful employee stepped out and asked if she could help me find anything. I answered, "No thanks. We're just wandering."
She looked at me with a smile and said, "Well, you know, Tolkien (which she pronounced Toll-kee-in) said, 'Not all those who wander are lost.'"
How about that? Philosophy and groceries. This angelic lady had no idea what comfort she gave me tonight.
I smiled all the way home.
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment