Bailey and I went with the BBC Homeschool group to Huntsville yesterday to the Space and Rocket Center. It was so much fun! The day was absolutely gorgeous, and my dad went with us so we had our own personal tour guide for much of it since I learned yesterday that he actually worked on the engine for the first shuttle attempts when he worked for Pratt Whitney in West Palm Beach. How sad that I never knew this before. Who knows what else I don't know about my folks!
This lady showed us a couple of fun experiments involving Alka-Seltzer and pressure. The one she did with water, oil, food coloring and alka-seltzer was the best. She made a miniature lava lamp, and Bailey turned to me with amazement and said, "We gotta try that at home!"
We will definitely have to go back with Bradley, because he would have loved it so much. There was tons to see and do, and since he's so interested in space right now I know he would have eaten it up.Other than the exhibits, there are a lot of great simulators. Some of them Bailey wasn't quite tall enough for, but it didn't seem to upset her too much. We did the Mars Mission simulator and she loved that. We ended the day with a movie in the IMAX theatre that was awesome. It would have been even more awesome if we hadn't been in the front row, but we didn't have much choice!
The two biggest attractions are the G-Force simulator, which I wasn't brave enough for, and the Space Shot, which I was! There was a kids area that had a mini-version of the Space Shot, and Bailey and her friends rode it over and over at least twenty times. She would have gone twenty more if we had let her. But there were important things like sno-cones waiting.
Here she is on the mini version...
And here is her crazy mama on the real thing!
Yes, we were as scared as we look. But it was exhilarating! If I hadn't had to wait in line I would have absolutely done it again. I was so proud that it didn't make me nauseous!
It was a lot of fun to get Bailey away and do something with just her. When Bradley's not around to dominate, she'll talk your ear off!
The two biggest attractions are the G-Force simulator, which I wasn't brave enough for, and the Space Shot, which I was! There was a kids area that had a mini-version of the Space Shot, and Bailey and her friends rode it over and over at least twenty times. She would have gone twenty more if we had let her. But there were important things like sno-cones waiting.
Here she is on the mini version...
And here is her crazy mama on the real thing!
Yes, we were as scared as we look. But it was exhilarating! If I hadn't had to wait in line I would have absolutely done it again. I was so proud that it didn't make me nauseous!
It was a lot of fun to get Bailey away and do something with just her. When Bradley's not around to dominate, she'll talk your ear off!Okay, I can't resist. Hope all of your weekends are a BLAST! :)
1 comment:
You go, girl!
Post a Comment