
That really needs no caption, does it?

This morning we began to see some of the 200 school children that attend here. We started with the little bitty ones, and I think we saw at least 50. Jeff saw almost all of them, and since none of them ended up needing anything so far, they never made it to my station. He had a really fun time with them, though.

Jena is posing in the second waiting room. The initial wait is inside the sanctuary of the church, and then they move their way into this part after their blood pressure and initial screenings.

Sarah, this is for you. Your father wants you to know he is taking care of himself and getting his blood pressure checked!

Here's Royce completely in his element going over the EvangeCube with some local children. I'm not sure who was having the most fun here.

This is Jacob and Dorcas. Jacob had perfect vision, but Dorcas needed some reading glasses. After I prayed for them, he asked me to remember them every day. I took a picture of them so that I wouldn't have a chance to forget. Such a sweet couple.

And then there's this crazy couple. I told each of them to believe nothing the other one says and they should get along perfectly!

My last patient of the day is the lady on the right. She needed vision glasses, and when we hit the right prescription her face lit up like a Christmas tree. She just started hugging me and wouldn't stop. This is literally one of 8 or 10 pictures that were taken with the whole family. It was a great case to finish up the day with.

The area that we are working in backs up to housing, and we get lots of onlookers. This family actually came down to the clinic and I was able to give the daughter distance glasses. I'd look up every once in a while and she'd be watching me. Every time she caught my eye she would wave and point at her glasses. It was priceless. What an amazing blessing to be able to help these sweet people.

After work we came back and cleaned up so we could get some dinner. We arrived at the restaurant a little after 7 and we were the only ones there. By 8:30 when we left, it was starting to pick up a bit. I know now that it's 11 it's probably packed. These guys eat so late around here! The dinner buffet in our hotel lobby begins at 11 p.m. Craziness!

Here's Royce's attempt to order tonic water with lime. Four glasses and one can later, I think he finally got it!

We had a fantastic day of seeing over 200 patients. Please continue to pray that God would ordain the right encounters and that we would be able to get ourselves out of the way and let Him move. I figured the best way to share clinic might be video, so hopefully I'll be able to get tht up either here or YouTube really soon. No time now; things are always moving around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment