Sunday, March 02, 2008

I wasn't able to post last night's episode until just now, which is why you're getting two so close together. We actually have downtime in between the services today, and it is some welcome rest. But I wanted to go ahead and let you know how our morning went.

We actually had two services to attend this morning. There was a church dedication service that we were supposed to stop by, and of course we were to attend BCH where Pastor Kim was to preach (or "talk" as she likes to call it.) We ended up being at the dedication church for a little bit too long because the ladies had brough Kim a sari to change into, and we were experiencing a little bit of wardrobe malfunction. But everything came through, and we were able to proceed as planned.

Once she was fully adorned, we were walked over to a church wall where a little white curtain was hanging.  Kim spoke a word of blessing over the church.  After she prayed, the white curtain was pulled off to reveal the greatest plaque I've ever seen.


Isn't that awesome?  I'm thinking she totally needs a raise out of this.

After the service we had to rush off because we were very, very late to get back to BCH.  Since Kim was speaking, it was pretty important for us to get there.  Once we arrived, we were shuttled right up to the stage so that the church could formally welcome our team.  It was such a blessing to stand up in front of this congregation and feel so welcome and loved.  They presented us with roses and each one of us received a replica of the Charminar to take home with us.  They also presented us with sandalwood leis.  They just continue to pour more and more over us, and all we want to do is give to them. 

Kim gave a wonderful sermon (or "talk" as she preferred to call it.)  Her story was perfect for this church, because she became a believer as an adult and was the only one in her family to do so.  There were so many people in the congregation who could completely relate to her.  She preached about being part of the family of God (Galatians 4) and how everyone is invited to join.  After she spoke, the pastor gave an altar call and people came pouring up to the front.  It was just like watching a Billy Graham revival.  I was blown away by the number of people coming for prayer for their family's or their own salvation.  It was truly moving.

The best thing is, the whole thing was video-taped.  And now our own Kim Cox is going to be broadcast over TV three times this week!  We are so loving this.

I honestly can't say enough about Kim's leadership, though.  She is so hard-working, so easy to follow, and just a blessing to be with.  If you ever have a chance to go on a mission trip under her leadership, jump at it.

After spending many hours in a car together, Outreach David has become my new Indian father. I had the privilege of meeting his beautiful family today.  We have truly bonded, and I will miss him very much.  He's promised to come visit my family when he comes to America.  I've promised to send him a case of Cadbury Mini Eggs the minute I get home.  This is the body of Christ at work.

Tonight we are headed back to BCH for the English speaking service.  Nelson is going to be speaking, and we are going to lead the congregation in Shout to the Lord.  I can't wait to get to sing with the choir.


I hope you all have a blessed Sunday.  Just remember, if the sermon starts getting too long, at least you are worshiping in a temperature-controlled environment sitting on a nice soft pew.  May I never forget that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What awesome experiences and you all look beautiful! Thanks for taking me on this journey with you!

The Millsaps said...

I have enjoyed your posts so much. I feel like I am there with you. What an incredible experience. I am praying for you, friend.

Rachel

diane cathey said...

Leigh Ann,
thank you so much for your post, i have so enjoyed reading about your journey, I feel as if i am traveling along with you guys. Tell Kim we are extremely proud of her, as we are with all of you.
God is using each of your talents to show his love to all of these people. I hope we get to see Kims video as well as Nelson's.
Tell Ashley the leggins are truly her...give my husband a hug and tell him how proud I am of him.
"give thanks to the LORD because he is good. His love continues forever."
Diane

Anonymous said...

How I have enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for sharing your heart and giving such detail about your journey. I pray that you continue to be blessed by these beautiful people as I know you are a blessing to them. God is great!

I love you....Debo

Kristen said...

I had the privilege tonight of working in Bryant's class at church. I hugged and kissed all over him and told him it was from you. He was precious to watch.. dancing and spinning all over the place. I felt it was my opportunity to minister to you from home while you're away ministering to so many. Can't wait to see your face again. Praying for you...

leigh ann said...

Thank you so much for that Kristen! That means the world to me.