Last night marked two weeks since our return to the States. So it was the perfect time for a team reunion. Ashley opened her home to us, and when I got there I laughed out loud to see the enormous sign from the Meerpet Church Dedication plastered to the front of her house. It was classic.
()
We also spent some time talking about the different projects that are possible going forward with a partnership between our church and BCH. I'm so excited about being a part of these things, and I want to just jump in and get them going. As long as the Lord allows me to, I will definitely be going back there in the near future, and I can't wait to see who He handpicks to be on the team next time. I have no doubt that he chose each one of us individually, in spite of our faults, and that He was able to use us to pursue Kingdom work. He truly is a Great Big God.
()
After we were done meeting, we all just kind of hung out for a while. There was a definite sense that no one really wanted to leave. We all knew that this was most likely the last time we'd be all together again in the same place, and we were trying to suck the life out of every last minute.
()
I love my team. I love that I will hear Jeremy on the radio one day and be able to say, "I went to India with that guy." I love that Charmaine's heart is so burdened for those in need around her, no matter how different from her they may be. I love that Dick can make me laugh until I cry. I love Ashley because what you see is what you get, and she is a math genius. I love that Roger can come up with a movie quote faster than lightening, and that he is earnestly seeking the path God wants him to take. I love that Kim can take a group of strangers halfway around the world and never show one ounce of worry, no matter how frustrating airlines and Indian time can be. She showed me that it really is possible to step out of your comfort zone and be available to whatever God asks. I love Nelson's passion for God's word, and that he can argue himself in and out of a hole in less than 90 seconds. I love Laura for her ability to see people for who they are and love them anyway.
()
I love that each one of them holds a special place in my heart from here on, and that no matter how far away from each other our paths on earth may take us, we can rest in the promise that we will all be together again one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment